Key features of Scanner by Vend include:
- Scan inventory item barcode labels or UPCs using the built-in camera
- Multiple input options: continuous scan (no need to edit quantity for the same item), auto next scan (no need to press any buttons), manual quantity input (scan and enter quantities larger than 1)
- Vibrates/beeps to notify you of a valid scan
- Quick editing: easily correct mis-entered quantities or scans
- Input barcodes/items and product names manually
- Email your counts to CSV file format, and share your counts via Slack, AirDrop, Dropbox, and other cloud apps
- Seamlessly syncs with Vend’s stock control functionality
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost?
Scanner by Vend is a free app, available to download via the Apple Store.
Does it integrate with my POS system?
Scanner integrates with Vend POS to sync your counts and stock levels, removing the need for CSV imports and manual uploads. To find out more click here, or try Vend for free.
What if I don’t have Vend?
You can still import your counts into many business tools via a CSV file, or just use Excel to ready your spreadsheets.
If you would like to see the integration in action, take a free trial of Vend now.
My barcodes are not scanning!
Scanner supports many common barcodes and datamatrix codes: UPCE, Code39, Code39Mod43, EAN13, EAN8, Code93, Code128, PDF417, AztecCode, Interleaved2of5Code, ITF14Code, DataMatrixCode.
Does Scanner work on Android?
No, Scanner by Vend is currently only available for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.